Custom Painted R/C Bodies, Canopies and Custom Dyeing

For Your R/C Painting And Dyeing Requests

R/C FORUM

Forum Home > R/C HELICOPTERS > Lama V3, V4/ CX, CX2, CX3 Discussion

Razor

djkhobby at 08:03PM on Oct 05, 2009

Razor at 07:14PM on Oct 05, 2009

hey boys, for some reason I cannot post in the forums on my iphone but cant at home......weird? I can post from iphone on my profile section though................any idea's why Jim? And thanks for the site; this is awesome!!

Razor,

I tried posting from Chandra's I Phone and couldn't.  I got to the page where you see the box to type into, tapped on the box so the keyboard would come up, but nothing.  Strange.  Maybe it's an I Phone issue?

I'll get on with support like I said and let you know what they say.  Patience please :)

Jim

jim

thanks I was wondering if it might be a iphone issue, is it java based or something else? Iphone has issues with certain programs. Mine is doing the same thing as chandra's

Sven, I orderd the RX tonight, the AR6110E, and eflite is to replace my 3-1....lol so prob another month and it will be up in the air again............in the mean time I will give it a cleaning, change inner shaft and head, install lower alum head, change grips/blades to xtreme, check gear meshing and also move servo link to 2nd hole and check it out without electronics prior to installing them so its reasy to go.

Nice to chat with you guys again! Durk, is that a siamese kitty or other? My friend had a siamese (sp) named Zeus and he was an awesome lazy cat, lol. miss the guy!

October 5, 2009 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Yes it is our siamese Kinko, she is sweet, full of mischiev and 3 years old. She will give me a kiss on the nose when I ask for a kiss. Spends the night in bed with me.

October 5, 2009 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Just a quick update.

Just got off the line with support.

Durk...to post a pic you have to enter its directory into the box.

I see our man Lee has posted a pic already.  Lee, tell us how to do it.

Razor...Typical answer.  They say to check with your cell provider :(

The forum is Unix based according to site support.

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

I use photobucket to store my photos online. Then just copy the direct link. Inset image button and paste the url. Easy. Lee

October 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Got bit on the back of my hand by a siamese once.:ohmy:You shoulda seen that cat fly!!:lol:Probably the most painful animal bite Ive ever had.Mondo sharp teeth:roll:Ill never get near another one.Sneaky little @@@.:roll:

October 5, 2009 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Jim I tried posting again but no luck. may have to join photo bucket or something

October 5, 2009 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

lol bad kitty..........okay thanks jim.......Durk....siamese look cool

October 5, 2009 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Freechip put a review of snots parts on RCGs other websites forum thread.Vendor said parts couldnt be used with extreme motors.Whats up with that?

October 5, 2009 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Darn :(

I just tried posting a pic and it did not work.

Well I guess this is what they call growing pains.

Can't expect everything to go perfectly with a brand new forum.

I feel like I'm letting you guys down.

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

lol go on rcgroup and read a review on sonnys give-away thread, the guy determine because he has different motors that the extended shaft will not work on his heli.................bull s..t, i bet he had the same problem as me.......lol

October 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Razor at 09:38PM on Oct 05, 2009

lol bad kitty..........okay thanks jim.......Durk....siamese look cool

Yes that kitty has the prettiest blue eyes.  Was the photoshop'd or is that natural?

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Yep,a very pretty cat.

October 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Ha ha

Re: Sonny's free stuff.  There is one review by typhoonmaster saying it works fine etc.

Can someone link the two above mentioned posts...from Freechip and the other one to here?  I can't find them.

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1116652&page=3

October 5, 2009 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Hi guys,

I just noticed something.

If there is more than one page to a thread, when you click on it, it takes you to the first page.  If you scroll all the way down and you can click directly to the last page.  Unlike other forums you cannot click anything to see the last unread post.  My apologies for this inconvenience.  There is no way to change this.  Ah well, this is a simple website/ forum so please understand and don't hate me :)

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

I like this format.Much less to look at.:)Easy and uncluttered.

October 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

See yall tommorrow!

October 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Razor at 10:28PM on Oct 05, 2009

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1116652&page=3

Thanks Razor,

I lost that thread cuz I lost all my subscriptions when I got "banned".

Well look, I read all the "discussions" that led to the free giveaway etc.  It's just like any other vendor.

Some parts will not work with other parts etc.  In the end, it's buyer beware.  Ask questions (on forums) before you buy.

On a sidenote...when I am "allowed" back on RCG, I wonder if my subscriptions will still be there?

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

airwolf2006 at 10:56PM on Oct 05, 2009

I like this format.Much less to look at.:)Easy and uncluttered.

Thanks, means a lot.  Hope others feel that way.

I love doing this for you guys and anyone who loves the r/c hobby.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I literally make no profit off this.  Obviously, it costs money to have a website etc.  But if this helps others then it's worth it.  I look at it this way:

We need to get the young ones involved.  I have a 10 year old son and he has his own hobby grade r/c truck and he LOVES it.  After many cheap "toy" grade r/c trucks he finally saved up and moved up to a Traxxas Stampede XL-5.  I'm still waiting to get him into helis.  It beats all the other "stuff' out there...drugs, violence, drinking etc, etc.  Also, my next door neighbor has a som that is 10.  He saw my son and I running our trucks a few months back and for Christmas last year his mom got him a Traxxas Slash and yes, he loves it!

Good thing for my son and his friend...when something on their trucks break, they have their own personal mechanic...ME :D

I make them pay for the parts of course (gotta teach these kids right nowadays) but my labor is free :)

Wow that was a long post.

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Ditto that, it's a nice forum ... and you don't have to be afraid someone gonna try to get you booted :D

October 5, 2009 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.