Custom Painted R/C Bodies, Canopies and Custom Dyeing

For Your R/C Painting And Dyeing Requests

R/C FORUM

Forum Home > R/C HELICOPTERS > Lama V3, V4/ CX, CX2, CX3 Discussion

Razor

Jim your doing a great thing here and its a great thread, no worries, we all appreciate it :)

Thanks

I also wonder if my rc groups threads are still active and or will be there, when and if I am allowed back. Did they say when you were allowed back jim? My points are 25/10 whatever that means.! Sven, how is gree/blue cx3? When do we finally get to see it?

October 5, 2009 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Chap at 10:25AM on Oct 05, 2009

^^^^^

Lee, you'er too funny Bud but sounds :cool:

Jim, I hope it's ok to talk KOB as my Bud has one now.  I wish he had waited for the V4.  Oh well.

Now let me see if I can get myself in trouble over at RCG:D

Have a great one all,

Mike.

Mike,

Feel free to talk about the KOB.  No issues here, Sir.

Also....feel free to start a NEW topic.  You all have the ability to do that here.

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Sorry to keep posting....but can someone pm or let MOUNTAINSAX know about this forum.  I would really appreciate it.  He's a great guy.  He may not post a lot but you can tell, he's coo coo about helis.

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Razor at 11:29PM on Oct 05, 2009

Jim your doing a great thing here and its a great thread, no worries, we all appreciate it :)

Thanks

I also wonder if my rc groups threads are still active and or will be there, when and if I am allowed back. Did they say when you were allowed back jim? My points are 25/10 whatever that means.! Sven, how is gree/blue cx3? When do we finally get to see it?

Yes, Mr.Jim (admin deluxe of RCG) stated that I got a 2 week ban.  Never said when it took effect though.  I will email him when the time comes.  They may seem mean at first, but in the end, they're just doing their job.  So best to wait the two weeks and then when you come back, take it easy.  I opened accounts to circumvent the ban but they catch you each time.  Not worth it.  I noticed you did the same thing too.  I don't blame you :)

They must track i.p. addresses, oh well.

RCU is always an option.

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Thanks

I can only second Razor, Jim ... thanks for giving us Tri-C'ers a new "home" (even though I have to admit ... I'm terribly sorry, but I won't part ways with RCG completely ...)

@Razor:

The unveiling of the first version of the GREEN Machine gets closer. I hope you can still   read   in RCG :D

I just finished the skid/battery-tray combo that I intend to use for the first, close to stock version ... before I start changing everything to BLING and stuff ...

The skid weighs a total 9.75g by the way ... pretty good I would say (compared to the 22g Mr.Bling landing skid:D )

I also put another link there which I am also going to post here: it's hard to believe, but the skid including the battery that allowed a good 8min of flying time today weighs basically exactly as much as ... what do you think??

Solution: please look here:     http://www.rcline.tv/photo/2104/guess-what----

Regards, and good night to everyone

Sven

October 5, 2009 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

Jim, I just PM'ed Mountainsax (Ethan) and invited him. 

Have a good night all..

Mike.

PS: I'm an RC Universe member.  Very tough site to manuver..

October 5, 2009 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

Thanks

Razor, you must have been a very bad boy:cool:

October 6, 2009 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Sven, and everyone else,  I too will not part ways with RCG.  It is a nice place.

No offense taken.

I did not intend this to be a replacement for RCG or any other forum.  I just thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and see what happened.

Jim

October 6, 2009 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Chap at 11:55PM on Oct 05, 2009

Jim, I just PM'ed Mountainsax (Ethan) and invited him. 

Have a good night all..

Mike.

PS: I'm an RC Universe member.  Very tough site to manuver..

Thank you

October 6, 2009 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mountainsax

djkhobby at 11:34PM on Oct 05, 2009

Chap at 10:25AM on Oct 05, 2009

^^^^^

Lee, you'er too funny Bud but sounds :cool:

Jim, I hope it's ok to talk KOB as my Bud has one now.  I wish he had waited for the V4.  Oh well.

Now let me see if I can get myself in trouble over at RCG:D

Have a great one all,

Mike.

Mike,

Feel free to talk about the KOB.  No issues here, Sir.

Also....feel free to start a NEW topic.  You all have the ability to do that here.

Jim

I'm here!  Sorry I haven't been posting much...life is busy!

Great new site Jim!  I'm looking forward to it.

Ethan

October 6, 2009 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

if i ever get back online with rcgrouos i prob won't leave either...........so, is everyone cool with me making a tri c banner to fly and film behind my heli?

October 6, 2009 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Razor: I think it is cool but I do not think it will work, with a plane yes but the heli has too much downdraft and not enough speed to do the banner..

You will get back in 2 weeks I am sure. Anxious are yah??

October 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Hi all,

concerning the banner I would think it is worth a try - as long as you have endless space, no wind and a really short flybar :D:D

October 6, 2009 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

yeah, I know helis can pull banners, one was flying a bell canada banner 2 months ago near here, thing is, will my heli be fast enough and main tain same level? lol, time will tell. Maybe I will use my MSR.....I am also going to design a Tri-c decal for my helis...

October 6, 2009 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

I hope it works. Lee

October 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stumblebee

Razor at 07:22PM on Oct 05, 2009

Just a note on my always never-ending escapades.........I have sent back my 3-1 unti for HH to get a new one hopefully and am ordering a new RX, the new equilvalent to the one that came with my CX3...

Hey Razor! Glad I found this place. Greetings to all of you folks I've met from a "previous life" and to those I have yet to meet. Well Razor at least you got your bird in the air and have the video to prove it.

October 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Where is this video? Did I miss it? hehe. Lee

October 6, 2009 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stumblebee

I am thinking there has to be a better way of handling battery connections besides JST or even Dean connectors. I have been blowing off at least four lipos a day since April. One of my sets of four batteries is just about junk not because they no longer hold a charge but because the leads are fraying. It is exactly the same with all four batteries. The insulation  is breaking  at the point where the wires come out of the battery pack. I know this is caused by handling. Does anyone have any ideas regarding protecting wires as they come out of the pack?

October 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Ive only got 1 batt like that and I put black tape around it.But I bet you could use liquid insulation or plasti dip from the hardware store.Heat shrink would be ideal but you would have to remove the connector to slide it over the wire.

October 6, 2009 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Stumblebee at 09:37PM on Oct 06, 2009

I am thinking there has to be a better way of handling battery connections besides JST or even Dean connectors. I have been blowing off at least four lipos a day since April. One of my sets of four batteries is just about junk not because they no longer hold a charge but because the leads are fraying. It is exactly the same with all four batteries. The insulation  is breaking  at the point where the wires come out of the battery pack. I know this is caused by handling. Does anyone have any ideas regarding protecting wires as they come out of the pack?

Heat up the end of the pack...either with a blowdryer or over the stove.  Then kind of ease the wires where you need em.  I tape the wires down so when I handle them they don't pivot at the point that they exit the pack.

Jim

October 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.