Custom Painted R/C Bodies, Canopies and Custom Dyeing

For Your R/C Painting And Dyeing Requests

R/C FORUM

Forum Home > R/C HELICOPTERS > Lama V3, V4/ CX, CX2, CX3 Discussion

djkhobby
Site Owner

Hey guys, watched Dave Turner's video on RCG: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122535

Can't post there.

Can someone invite him to the forum here?

Jim

October 6, 2009 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Good Morning Jim,

I just pm'd Dave to join us here. Have a great day my friend. Lee

October 7, 2009 at 7:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

^^^

Thanks.

You have a good day as well Lee.  Rainy, windy and yucky here too :(

Jim

October 7, 2009 at 7:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dave_turner

thanks lee. hi jim. any advice for someone willing to learn?:)

October 7, 2009 at 8:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Hey Dave, first off, your starboard (right from rear) servo horn linkage looks to me like you need to turn it 1 1/2 to 2 turns cw to shorten it up just a bit. I noticed on take off if went left pretty fast. Lee

October 7, 2009 at 8:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

Hello Dave.  Welcome friend.

Where is the vid?  Pic?

Mike.

<edit> never mind.  Didn't see Jim's post:ohmy:

--

Official Tri-C Member

October 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Recently when flying my 72mhz V3  the heli "hiccups" for a split second during flight like the RX has lost the signal.It wasnt far away and batteries in TX were full.Occasionally it does it for a longer period,say 3 sec.The antenna is 26 in.and not coiled or wrapped.I do have it strung back and forth in the tail but it goes not cross itself any where.Could be random interference or maybe my throttle pot has a spot on it.There is no predictable pattern to it,but it is about 2 yrs. old and has been crashed pretty hard before.I guess I should knock on wood cause it still flies pretty darn good.

October 7, 2009 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

where is everyone?

--

Youngest Tri C Member and Damn proud of it!!

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

1 Modified Blade MCX S300

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 7, 2009 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Razor at 09:18PM on Oct 07, 2009

where is everyone?

I know you can only read RCG right now ... but please do ... :D   I am jumping back and forth between forums, but nothing seems to happen anywhere. I am done with the preparations for the unveiling of the GREEN Machine (Friday ... or maybe Saturday) and I will leave as much stock as possible ... but you can read the long version on RCG :D

Hovered one battery with the newly rebuild CX3 in my apartment - which sucks, because it always ends in a crash :mad:

But it will be a nice feeling once I finally get to do the pictures ... thanks again to Jim, who's work I will proudly present to the world when I give you all ...

...             The GREEN Machine ...   (on Friday ... or Saturday ....)

Sven

October 7, 2009 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

dave_turner at 08:20AM on Oct 07, 2009

thanks lee. hi jim. any advice for someone willing to learn?:)

Hi dave,

Glad you're here.  I saw your first video of you flying.  With more time and flying you will find that you will have the heli more stable.  In my opinion, I don't worry about whether the heli can hold a perfect hover.  You will never have perfect hover unless you tinker and adjust and etc etc.  Even then it won't be totally perfect.  Plus, when you crash all that time you spent getting it "perfect" will be wasted because most likely the heli won't be stable anymore as a result of said crash.  You will always be on sticks.  If you have an itch, forget about scratching it lol.  If your heli has tbe, yaw etc very very badly then yes, fix it.  If the heli is basically stable, just leave it and fly.  Oh, and loctite is your friend.

Jim

October 7, 2009 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

They let me back on RcGroups, can you believe it?  lol

--

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Sven, The Green Machine is finally here?  Now I have something to look forward to!  I can't believe it's finally here.

Razor, did you have to email Jim to get back on?  Did you get your subscribed threads back too?  How long was your ban?

Jim

October 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stumblebee

Razor at 10:08PM on Oct 07, 2009

They let me back on RcGroups, can you believe it?  lol

It is truly the age of miracles.

October 7, 2009 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dave_turner

Hi all.

check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45sUXgGnU00

had upgraded to cnc head gear, and a small problem got worse. weeks later, simply going back to the old gear got back to being stable again. holds a pretty good hover now.

I suspect all the new spares i changed helped to solve the initial problem, and then getting rid of those   %^:mad:#$ cheap upgrades solved the rest of my problems!

Amazing.

flies like a jem now.

------------------------------------------------------------

i am actually still a super novice flyer, but im sure you guys can see how much better it is.

lee and some others were working over the problem with me before. think someone said the upgrades were not great.

ah well im up and cutting air again.

October 8, 2009 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

^^^

That looks much more stable.  Nice flying!

Jim

October 8, 2009 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dave_turner

thank you jim

October 8, 2009 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

^^^

You will find that many of the "upgrades" that are out there are not worth it.  Some machining is not very accurate.  You really have to ask before you buy.  Just a money saving tip.

Jim

October 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

dave_turner at 08:26AM on Oct 08, 2009

thank you jim

good job dave.........looks sweet

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

djkhobby at 09:03PM on Oct 08, 2009

^^^

You will find that many of the "upgrades" that are out there are not worth it.  Some machining is not very accurate.  You really have to ask before you buy.  Just a money saving tip.

Jim

Dave

Jim speaks the truth, lol, me and airwolf have experienced this for sure, I have with many vendors already and I am a noobie............its hard to find good stuff, but for coaxes, if your looking for suggestions, tips, what stuff works and what doesn't, the guys in here are excellent for advise..........I have already learnt soooooo much from these guys in a few months and I am a noob! You're in good hands!

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dave_turner

hey how do i adjust the rudder trim?

when at hover the trim doesn't have enough to stop the yaw. this would be the proportional right?

increase porportional and the adjustments the gyro makes are more sensitive, in turn giving the trim more effect right?

wrong?

something else?

October 8, 2009 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.