Custom Painted R/C Bodies, Canopies and Custom Dyeing

For Your R/C Painting And Dyeing Requests

R/C FORUM

Forum Home > R/C HELICOPTERS > Lama V3, V4/ CX, CX2, CX3 Discussion

djkhobby
Site Owner

Dave,

If the heli yaws clockwise when viewed from the top....turn the prop pot c.w.  You want to chase the yaw.  Turn the pot in the direction of the yaw.  Unplug battery when doing this to reinitialize the 4in1.  Tiny, tiny increments though, literally.  Like the width of a jeweler's screwdriver.  Keep in mind you will have yaw drift throughout your flights.  This is normal.  You will be on the sticks all the time.  There is no perfect hover.  This is not an airplane we are flying  :wink:

Jim

October 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

dave_turner at 10:07PM on Oct 08, 2009

hey how do i adjust the rudder trim?

when at hover the trim doesn't have enough to stop the yaw. this would be the proportional right?

increase porportional and the adjustments the gyro makes are more sensitive, in turn giving the trim more effect right?

wrong?

something else?

Learn from my mistakes and be very careful wheb adjusting the pots because it there plastic like eflites, then they will be fragile. Make sure you have the proper flat driver size and do not push hard and the adjustment pots and pay attention when you turn them, have lots of light ect. They are fragile......trust me lol !!

--

Youngest Tri C Member and Damn proud of it!!

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

1 Modified Blade MCX S300

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 8, 2009 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dave_turner

sweet thanks.

fiddled with both before and got an earfull for it! put them back to original. maybe just a little off though. hence the yaw..

October 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dave_turner
feeling confident with the comanche. too confident. thought id have a go at belt cp indoor,.... maybe not.
October 9, 2009 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Belt cp...not good indoors  :tongue:

You need a lot of room.

Jim

October 9, 2009 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dave_turner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1YSTFMFVhI

And then,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioHGMOEq00Y

and this after I have swapped my transmitter from mode 1 to mode 2. feels like it is toilet bowling a bit though.

October 9, 2009 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

The GREEN Machine is done! - @ least in Version ONE !!!

Please forgive me that I ask everyone who is interested to check the thread at RCG ("From 'stock' to 'star'")

so that I do not have to write all the stuff again ...

except of course "THANX Jim" as I cannot say that part of it often enough ...

Sven

October 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Yes I saw that. NICE heli. Nice job on canopy Jim.

October 9, 2009 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

^^^

Thanks,

That really looks a lot better than when I had the parts only to work with.  Looks really sweet put together on the heli. 

Durk, I'm glad you got the account issue resolved.

Now, about the blades and grips.  Don't be afraid to file them.  I noticed they were a little thicker than stock myself.  Personal opinion:  I trust in stock Esky grips.  They fit well and as I always say, they are the fuses for the main shaft assembly.  They take a beating but have a bad enough crash...they will give way and save your shafts/ gears.

Jim

October 9, 2009 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

If you still have stock plastic rotor heads on, the pins will break before the bladeholders will. Well, just in my case, I guess. I have broke two pins on two rotorheads, but not a bladeholder yet. hmmm. Must be lucky. Lee

October 11, 2009 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

^^^

Goes to show that we all have different experiences.  I have never broken a pin.  Always the grip.  We each have our own "issues" with our respective helis lol.  It makes the world go round.

Jim

October 11, 2009 at 3:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

True that. I would have suggested (at one time,) that everyone buy alot of lower innershaft gears. Cause I believed they wore out quick. Then I learn to mesh the gear better. hehe. These copters have alot to teach us all. One thing, that I have learned recentelly, is humility. hahahaha. Lee

October 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Leethetreeguy at 05:11PM on Oct 14, 2009

True that. I would have suggested (at one time,) that everyone buy alot of lower innershaft gears. Cause I believed they wore out quick. Then I learn to mesh the gear better. hehe. These copters have alot to teach us all. One thing, that I have learned recentelly, is humility. hahahaha. Lee

LOL I am still trying to learn patience........lol

--

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 14, 2009 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Patience??? Razor will you ever have it LOL

October 14, 2009 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Forgive me. Gonna try something. Lee

[QUOTE=bobskinner]Hi Lee,

October 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Frieslander at 08:17PM on Oct 14, 2009

Patience??? Razor will you ever have it LOL

probably not, not even pills can help me...........lol.......no seriously, I am beyond help, lol...........have a good night boys..............oh and durk..............i am trying hard to be good on rcgroups, its hard cause there are soooooo many d-bags on there.................

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

Leethetreeguy at 08:47PM on Oct 14, 2009

Forgive me. Gonna try something. Lee

[QUOTE=bobskinner]Hi Lee,

Lee, this link brings you to the front page of Jim's forum (confused emoticon here)

Mike.

--

Official Tri-C Member

October 15, 2009 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Yea, didn't work. Sorry. Lee

October 17, 2009 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Tings must be going pretty smooth in RC Groups at the moment, no one is posting here. Jim, too bad you could not use the djkhobby name on RC Groups, I think one of the dealers is jealous of your fancy colour combinations!:D

At least you did not threathen them with a base ball bat!

November 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Why would I threaten anyone with a baseball bat :)

Don't tell me you did that to someone on RCG.

Jim

November 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.