Custom Painted R/C Bodies, Canopies and Custom Dyeing

For Your R/C Painting And Dyeing Requests

R/C FORUM

Forum Home > TRI C > Sticky: COO COO COAXIAL CLUB

djkhobby
Site Owner

Hi,

If you are already a Tri C member, this is the place to post about life or anything your heart desires.  If you are coo coo for coaxial helis, we will accept you into our informal club.

New members are always welcome.

Jim Kontsio

October 5, 2009 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Second post, from the newbie, youngest Tri C member.........lol, and its off to bed for me. Night boys, keep your blades chewen air or its crash and burn!!!

October 5, 2009 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

^^^

Yeah get to bed!  You and I are apparently night owls.  Can you say insomniac?  lol

Jim

October 5, 2009 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

^^^^^

Work-a-holics is more like it:tongue:

October 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

yeah i stay up late, its bad i know!! So, I am 29, how old is everyone else?

October 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Chap at 02:59PM on Oct 06, 2009

^^^^^

You posted long after I went to bed, burning the midnight oil are you?:roll:

Razor, I am more than twice your age, I will be 66 next month!:roll:

Are you behaving yourself?

October 6, 2009 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Hey everyone. Just got in from a grueling day. I am still sick. But, I got through it. hehe. Hope you all are well. Lee

October 6, 2009 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Hi Lee, glad you made it through the day, had my doubts last night.

October 6, 2009 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Frieslander at 06:15PM on Oct 06, 2009

^^^^^

Yes Durk, i know your 66, you old dog you...lol, I am behaving myself yes. Just trying to do a fornt body mount repair mod on my MSR. I have a lot of new parts but I am still trying to salvage my old main frame especially. I used an old piece of CF rod from my cx3 training wheels but its a bit too thick in diameter to i am shaving it down with my hobby knife. The new CF body mount rod was hitting the retaining nut on these tiny screws and screwingf it up. I am also trying the MCX Xtreme swash on the MSR to see what is like. Sonny Bird Update - my new RX got mailed out from US today, and I sent away my 3-1 to HH for a new one!

Sven, how old are you? chap, jim, airwolf? Others?

October 6, 2009 at 7:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Razor at 07:26PM on Oct 06, 2009

Frieslander at 06:15PM on Oct 06, 2009

^^^^^

Yes Durk, i know your 66, you old dog you...lol, I am behaving myself yes. Just trying to do a fornt body mount repair mod on my MSR. I have a lot of new parts but I am still trying to salvage my old main frame especially. I used an old piece of CF rod from my cx3 training wheels but its a bit too thick in diameter to i am shaving it down with my hobby knife. The new CF body mount rod was hitting the retaining nut on these tiny screws and screwingf it up. I am also trying the MCX Xtreme swash on the MSR to see what is like. Sonny Bird Update - my new RX got mailed out from US today, and I sent away my 3-1 to HH for a new one!

Sven, how old are you? chap, jim, airwolf? Others?

Its in the "view all members link" ... but to save you looking it up:  37 ... and I feel like 370 ...

October 6, 2009 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

37, i thought u might be closer in age to me, i guess i am the youngest crazy on here

October 6, 2009 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Razor at 07:45PM on Oct 06, 2009

37, i thought u might be closer in age to me, i guess i am the youngest crazy on here

You don't wanna know how many times I wish I was closer to your age ... :(

October 6, 2009 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Im 53 goin on 33.My wife is 18.:ohmy:Her name is Lollita.:tongue:Went out and flew 7 batteries in a new area.Lots of space to let er rip.I gotta Thunder power 910 that makes the CX2 scary fast.Gotta be careful with CG on that one.Wind was calm to 4-5 mph at times.No real problems or wrecks other than the kids comining by to watch and I gotta keep 1 eye on them while Im flying so they dont touch my stuff.:ohmy:Got interrupted cause Daughter missed bus and I had to pick her up.Then at 6:15 I just had to burn the last 3 batts:cool:.So I went out again,this time to my old flying spot.HolySchmolly!!:ohmy:The cold front was starting to pass thru and the wind was all over the place and gusty.But I flew in it.:DV3 took it well.I guess cause its so light.CX2 was a handful and all over the place.I think it about 20-25 grams heavier.I did snap the Trex skids at the attachment screws,the weak point.:(Nothing a little CA glue cant fix.What the heck do ysa need skids for other than looks?:roll:Im gonna start Flyin with a sponge on the bottom!!!:lol:All in all a pretty good day.Tommorrow the wind is gonna be 30-35 mph so I guess Im gonna PM the heli and work on my Honeydo list.:wink:

October 6, 2009 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sleb

Hi guys,

Proud Tri-C member coming over here.  Been very windy here, so I have only been flying my mCX's.  I put the mSR swash on one  set to outer setting and it seems to be faster than the 16mm Cusker mod.  I have not put on the 19mm Cusker kit yet.  The Lamas and Cx2 have been grounded for awhile.  I sold my mSR.  I think I am going to get a Walkera cb100, when theey are available again.  Indoor FP for winter and some outdoor flying when weather is calm. 

I hope all the Tri-Cers come here to chat.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Steve:)

--

Proud Tri-C member,  4- Eflite Blade mCXs (2-S300, 2-mCX),  2- Esky Lama V3 and 1- CX2

October 6, 2009 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sleb

I forgot to ask if anyone let Mike-A know we are here.  If anyone has his email they can let him know.

Jim this is a great addition to your site.

October 6, 2009 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Steve,what does sleb mean?Anything?or just random letters you picked.

October 6, 2009 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Mike-A hasn't been on in awile to my knowledge. I am a little worried. But hopefully, he just dosn't have internet yet in his new home. Lee

October 6, 2009 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

sleb at 08:38PM on Oct 06, 2009

I forgot to ask if anyone let Mike-A know we are here.  If anyone has his email they can let him know.

Jim this is a great addition to your site.

Thanks Steve.  I like this feature too. Should have enabled it a long time ago.

Maybe the "2 week RCG vacation" was a blessing in disguise.  I don't have Mike A's email.  I'm willing to bet someone here does though.

To answer an earlier question.  Age=35.  Feels like 25 :wink:

Jim

October 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

Razor at 05:59PM on Oct 06, 2009

yeah i stay up late, its bad i know!! So, I am 29, how old is everyone else?

I have a daughter 28 yo:roll:  That should make me about.....Ohhh...56...going on 86.  Body is beat up Bud.  But as Lee alawys says.."keep on stompin." :cool::wink:

Mike.

--

Official Tri-C Member

October 6, 2009 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

So I am the youngest, lol. Tonight was not soo good :( I finally ditched the old MSR main frame and put on the new one I had. I also put on the Xtreme MCX swash while doing this. I had everything installed, then the servo's were straining, so I tried playing with the gear and pinon on each servo, and finally just put a new one on (just the casing - not the motor) for the elevator. The other servo I noticed will have to be replaced soon. So, I also noticed that the brass wire that was curled up around the front body mount peg broke off, so I successfully soldered that back on even thought it took a while. So, when I got it all back together I noticed the main motor had an odd sound of sorts but flew it anyways and begin to trim by TX when in the air, an then would land, power down and adjust servo rods accordingly. Thing is, everytime I would power back up, the main motor wouldn't power up, but the tail motor would. So, I would remove fuse then try to move the main motor connected on the 5-1 a little and the rotors would spin. NOTE, I WAS USING TH STOCK MCX TX DURING THIS TIME. So, I figured the main motor connector was a little loose. So, I would power up, fly a little, get trim adjustment then land and correct swash. Except, the last time the main motors would not spin up, and neither would the tail motor. So, I got out my SPARE 5-1 unit and connected the man motor and tail motor connectors to the board. Bound to the stock TX, and powered up heli and same thing, no motors would spin. So, this way I eliminated the possibility that the 5-1 on my MSR has become faulty.

I was confused as to why the main motor and NOW tail motor would not spin. Before when the main motor would not spin, THE TAIL ROTOR WOULD. I figure there might be a fail safe mechanism in the 5-1 that provents a burn out of sorts if a motor wire has become fractured or something. So, I took out the main motor and inspected it, and sur enough one of the wires had come loose of the 90 degree connector. So, I resoldered both ends of the motor wire back onto the connector, and tested with main motor not in main frame to see if it would no work, yet nothing happened.Thinking that my stock MCX TX may have low battries, I went and got my CX3 transmitter (TX) and tried it with just the tail rotor motor plugged into the 5-1 and it worked. I then tried  AGAIN with the stock MCX TX and no tail motor would spin????????.

Can anyone tell me why the tail motor would spin while in the 5-1 unit, on my CX3 TX, but not the stock MCX TX?

So, then I tried both motors on the 5-1 unit with the CX3 TX and it worked. I then tried the

stock MCX TX ioth both motors in the 5-1 and nothing would happen. At this point, I was convinced that either the MCX TX has a fail safe not to run the motors to prevent damage if there is a bad motor, the batteres were too dead, or somehow the MCX TX is not gonzo.  THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED THIS WHOLE TIME WITH THE STOCK MCX TX WERE THE SERVO'S; the servos always worked on both stock MCX and CX3 transmitters.

So, naturaly I finished rebuilding the MSR thinking now that it would fly. I made sure the main motor and tail rotor connectors were firmly in place and tested before putting back on the fuse. Upon binding the MSR with the CX3 TX, the main motors would not run, but the tail would in spurts, then a few seconds late I saw a little puff of smoke - not sure if it came from motor or 5-1. So, I unplugged it quickly and inspected the 5-1 unit thinking it was damaged. I didnt see anything on the board that look fired or burst like a diode or resistor - That I can see now anyways. So, I am hoping the smoke came from the main motor. I took the 5-1 off trhe main frame and looked it over and can still not see any visible damage. I AM HOPING IT IS OKAY, I DO HAVE A SPARE BUT WOULD OBVIOUSLY LIKE TO SAVE THIS ONE. The weird thing is, if the 5-1 unit is screwed, its odd the that the servos still function as does the tail rotor. BUT, THIS IS ONLY THE CASE WITH THE CX3 TX; THE MCX TX WILL ONLY MOVE THE SERVO'S. I dont get it, can anyone shed some light on why this is happening on my Tx's.

I refuse to solder anymore unless I think it will be easy and the leads to solder are not tiny like much of this micro shit is..........I am getting tired of working on these micro helis - sure there a blast, but a pain to fix thats for sure; everything is soo tiny!!! I am a main motor on its way soon hopefully, and another servo, and I have the spare 5-1 unit that HH send to me for free that I can use if i have to; however, I am hoping that will not be the case and only the motor was smoking :(

If anyone can decifer what I wrote and make sense of it, please advise. Besides the fact that I am a dumbass, lol

So, I then put back together the MSR

Sleb, why did you sell your MSR?

October 7, 2009 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.