Custom Painted R/C Bodies, Canopies and Custom Dyeing

For Your R/C Painting And Dyeing Requests

R/C FORUM

Forum Home > TRI C > Sticky: COO COO COAXIAL CLUB

erdnuckel2

Hey Razor,

first off, sorry - I can't make any (real) sense of what you write right now - its just too early ... but I can definitely say I did not have the best of nights either - took me allmost 5 hours to finally get the EX CX3 to fly again ... lot of stuff that did not want to work as intended and also 1 or 2 findings which I really do not like - but now, at quarter to one it finally flies ... first step on the right way!

Had to borrow some parts from other helis ... but hey, the end justifies the means (sometimes anyway ;) )

Wanted to go to sleep pretty pissed off about an hour and a half ago - glad I didn't. Because now I brought the day to an end in a somehow conciliatory way.

At least the heli flies - even if not as I would want .... better luck next time.

This was the test for the stock GREEN Machine and it is passed, but barely ... quite a few things still have to change ... work on that tomorrow.

G'nite y'all!

Sven

October 7, 2009 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Sven, hope you are feeling better my friend. Glad you stuck it out and fixed your copter before bed. Down here we say, never go to bed angry. hehe. Good job. Have a great day everybody. Lee

October 7, 2009 at 8:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mountainsax

Razor, you only have me beat by 1 yr (I'm 30)!:D  It seems like I am always one of the youngest in alot of things I do, especially work.  It's good to know there is at least one person younger than me in the Tri-C's!:)

October 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Mountainsax at 08:16AM on Oct 07, 2009

Razor, you only have me beat by 1 yr (I'm 30)!:D  It seems like I am always one of the youngest in alot of things I do, especially work.  It's good to know there is at least one person younger than me in the Tri-C's!:)

Ahem Sir ... you make that almost sound like that's  "The roaring dinosaurs" here or something :D:D

So have a good day ... and don't make me feel even older than I feel older than I am, PLEEEEZE ! :D

Sven

October 7, 2009 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Leethetreeguy at 08:12AM on Oct 07, 2009

Sven, hope you are feeling better my friend. Glad you stuck it out and fixed your copter before bed. Down here we say, never go to bed angry. hehe. Good job. Have a great day everybody. Lee

Thanks Lee,

yeah it's looking up a bit ... slowly but thoroughly ... I just have such a mean wobble in this EX-CX3 its not even a bad joke anymore. I exchanged the inner and outer shafts and gears to Xtreme, I put in new bearings and I found out I can't use my SKYTEC fixing collar on a CX3 because it is too large and restricts the swash movement. I don't want to ruin my servos and a bunch of other stuff because of that.

I have no idea why that wobble can possibly be so bad ... but I will keep on searching for the reason. Maybe I just destabilized my main frame too much, because I drilled holes everywhere to save some weight :D

@Razor ... yeah man, sometimes it's easy to feel like giving up - especially with those bitchy copters :D (please don't give me a point, Jim :D:D:D) - but that is the time when you really need to push through, because those are usually the times when you learn most ... (at least I really hope that's true, 'cause otherwise yesterday would have been a horrible waste of time :D )

Ok guys, have a great day everyone

L8er

Sven

October 7, 2009 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mountainsax

erdnuckel2 at 10:37AM on Oct 07, 2009

Mountainsax at 08:16AM on Oct 07, 2009

Ahem Sir ... you make that almost sound like that's  "The roaring dinosaurs" here or something :D:D

So have a good day ... and don't make me feel even older than I feel older than I am, PLEEEEZE ! :D

Sven

Sven - no disrespect intended!:D  You guys are the best, who cares how young you are!  Razor and I can learn alot from you.  Remember - you are only as old as you act!  I think that playing with large remote control toys puts us all in our teen years!:cool:

Ethan

October 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Pretty windy here today.15mph with 30 mph gusts.Taking my cx2 apart to look for worn parts.That damn outer  extended shaft from flycrud still has that damn low speed wobble from the gear being eccentric on the shaft.Its annoying.I m gonna email where I bought it to see if any were returned like the 2 I have.

October 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Called vendor who sent shafts.Apparently I just got the pick of the litter or the low speed wobble is normal cause I was told they hadnt had any returns with this complaint.Its funny that new stock shafts dont have this issue.Im gonna dig deeper and take a harder look at the problem with this shaft.The bearings were new also.

October 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Ah well,it is what it is and the only way to remedy it would be order a new one,and its just not worth it.So ignore my previous ramblings.Releveled swash and servo arms cause I had them kinda adjusted out of wack.Hoping to cure my tx controls direction and the wicked left drift in FFF.

October 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

airwolf2006 at 03:13PM on Oct 07, 2009

Called vendor who sent shafts.Apparently I just got the pick of the litter or the low speed wobble is normal cause I was told they hadnt had any returns with this complaint.Its funny that new stock shafts dont have this issue.Im gonna dig deeper and take a harder look at the problem with this shaft.The bearings were new also.

Airwolf, I have not yet tested the new inner/outer shaft combos sonny resent me as replacements, but I am willing to bet they have wobbles too, but still, you should e-mail sonny and tell him that you want new ones, other people are having the same issue., Read Freechips review on sonnys give away thread

October 7, 2009 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Really,the same eccentric gear issue that you and I had?I sent you a PM a few mins. ago.Although its still flyable like that Im surpised ther are more out there.The stock shafts dont do this.There is clearly a defect in making these parts if others are observing the same problem.It is not centered exactly but not far enough off to cause massive imbalance at flight RPMs

October 7, 2009 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Razor at 05:10PM on Oct 07, 2009

airwolf2006 at 03:13PM on Oct 07, 2009

Airwolf, I have not yet tested the new inner/outer shaft combos sonny resent me as replacements, but I am willing to bet they have wobbles too, but still, you should e-mail sonny and tell him that you want new ones, other people are having the same issue., Read Freechips review on sonnys give away thread

Wel freechip on sonnys give-away thread was saying that his longer shafts won't work with xtreme 180s and sonny told him its the motors fault. Freechip hasn't yet said why he had an issues despite crushalot and lees asking him why, but I am willing to bet that he has a wobble too. Reason is, first time i e-mail sonny he told me that my aero nuts were causing this and or the mainframe was causing an imbalance or a variance in thickness where motors are mounted, which is prob BS, so, i am anxiely awaiting Freechips response!

October 7, 2009 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Yeah,it seems that "sonny" tends to blame the installer(regardless of experience) or a part that is not stock.I have AFCs and Aeronuts and both work fine.He just digs a deeper hole doing this,not to mention alienating a potential customer.Ive checked everything on my heli and it all points back to the shaft being off center slightly.It can be seen when running the outer gear/shaft assembly at low speed.

October 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

So, when can I read the reviews? I don't wanna say I **** you **. I am truely sorry. I would have thought you guys would have got some good parts. I would have made sure of it if I were Sonny. Lee

October 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

airwolf2006 at 05:53PM on Oct 07, 2009

Yeah,it seems that "sonny" tends to blame the installer(regardless of experience) or a part that is not stock.I have AFCs and Aeronuts and both work fine.He just digs a deeper hole doing this,not to mention alienating a potential customer.Ive checked everything on my heli and it all points back to the shaft being off center slightly.It can be seen when running the outer gear/shaft assembly at low speed.

Airwolf, mine is the exact same way, and the wobble transfers to the upper head at low speeds, but you guys saw my video anyways.

October 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

I bought my parts over a month ago from a third party vendor.Ive already said what I thought about the skids and the shafts.I dont really want to get in a pissin match with the "I love sonat club".I use what I got.If it works as advertised,great,nuff said.If its better or I recieve great customer service,Ill mention it.If theres a problem with the parts,I try to point it out.Most all this stuff has been done by someone else  before.Same theme,new version.Id rather fly it than review it I guess.

October 7, 2009 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sleb

Razor,

Your mSR problem sounds bad, I dont understand what could be causing the problem unless ascrew from the frame is actually going into the motor.  I sold my mSR, as I could not get rid of the TBE.  I replaced every part one at a time and it still would not get rid of the TBE.  The mCX is great, the mSr not som much.  I am planning to get the Walkera cb100 as it comes brushless and have heard good things about it and has normal parts to replace and work on.

Air,

The sleb name is just short for the names.  S for me, Steve,  L for my Lisa, E for my kids, all three of their names strat with E and the b is the first letter of our last name.

As everyone is giving their age I am 39

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Steve:)

--

Proud Tri-C member,  4- Eflite Blade mCXs (2-S300, 2-mCX),  2- Esky Lama V3 and 1- CX2

October 7, 2009 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

sleb at 08:08PM on Oct 07, 2009

Razor,

Your mSR problem sounds bad, I dont understand what could be causing the problem unless ascrew from the frame is actually going into the motor.  I sold my mSR, as I could not get rid of the TBE.  I replaced every part one at a time and it still would not get rid of the TBE.  The mCX is great, the mSr not som much.  I am planning to get the Walkera cb100 as it comes brushless and have heard good things about it and has normal parts to replace and work on.

Air,

The sleb name is just short for the names.  S for me, Steve,  L for my Lisa, E for my kids, all three of their names strat with E and the b is the first letter of our last name.

You replaced every single part and could not get rid of the TBE? Wowsers, thats not good. Like many heli products, the MSR seems to have had its good and bad points as well. I think, and am hoping that just my motor is screwed on my MSR and not the 5-1. Time will tell I guess.

October 7, 2009 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

sleb at 08:08PM on Oct 07, 2009

Razor,

Air,

Steve

What did you think of the Xtreme swash? I cannot seem to get mine to work properly, I kept telling Xtreme that the inner knuckle. furl, ring, whatever you want to call it is not pivoting properly on the outer shaft and thus is straining the servo's big time. Well they had me try a bunch of stuff and no luck. So, today I told them that i wasn't happy with this swash, but was very happy with mcx blades/grips and cx3 grips/blades they have. They wrote me back saying that they just tried a swash on a mcx and it was also tight on the outer shaft; it appears that they got a few bad ones, so they are sending me out a new one :) so hopefully that solves that problem. You would not believe how many defective products I have had in the last 4 months; its craxzy.

First-  the CX3 Eflite alum swash plate, the inner furl was not pressed in properly. Eflite sent me a new one.

Second - First Blade MSR was faulty right out of the box. I e-mailed Horizon that night told them what it was doing. Then next day drove 2 hours to take it back to place where I bought it, was expecting to just buy a tail rotor assembly and getting Horizon Hobby (HH) to pay for it as the heli was pirouetting like crazy. The owner of the LHS flew it and discovered it was bad, so he gave me the last one in store which was fine. HH, replied to my e-mail saying that its sounded like the 5-1 unit was faulty and they would send me a new one, so I replied saying that I got a new one from LHS and it was okay, but a pair of blade grips would be nice as mine broke easily. I sent my address and they replied saying that my new 5-1 was in the mail, lol, so I got that in mail a few weeis back, and apparently they are sending me blade grips as well. Not sure why thet are being soo generous, but I am not complaining.

3rd, Sonnys grips were flying off just by spinning the rotors without flyng an the screws were not over tightened as he thought, plus, as airwolf knows the longer outer shaft has a wobble due to gear, so he sent me some gips and outer/inner shaft combos.

4th. When playing with sonnys extended shafts, I discovered that the Eflite alum upper bearing holder that'd I had for a long was egg shaped and causing a lot of wobble, and probably had been an issue on CX3 for a long time and might have accounted for a lot of my pre-Rcgroup problems. So,HH replaced that as well.

5th. Got a band new CX3 3-1 unit from A Main Hobbies, that no longer works after 2 flights. Now, by demoed RX might have caused this, I am not sure as there appears to be nothing visually wrong with the 3-1 on the board, but HH told me to send it in and they would replace anyways. So, I think I am getting real lucky in this case :) I just hope they send a new one, cause I used it for less than 2 flights :(

6th. The MCX Xtreme swash. Too tight on the outer shaft and creates lots of servo straining.

Now, some people on here and Rcgroups probably think I am full of it, and or are wrecking stuff, but I swear to god that I have been getting defective products since day one. Now, you may ask yourself,"how can he be getting all these defective products? It just shouldn't happen!" Well, if you can answer this question, then please fill me in cause I would very much like to know, all this down time sucks big time. I have hardly flow n in the past few months, more fixing, and waiting on parts than anything else. This is why I have been buying spare part for the MCX/MSR like crazy and stocking up so I won't have to wait. Thing is, the parts I seem to break, and or need are always the parts I dont have like motors, mcx/msr servos (pain in the ass), and electronics. Now, sure I have spent lots of money lately and am broke, but that is the negative side. The positive side is, that during this process, thanks for my own F..k ups, crashes, finding and troubleshoting defective products, I have learnt and familiarized myself with quite a bit it seems. With the help of all you guys and others from Rcgroups has made me even better. I am not saying that I am great by any means, but I am far from where I was when I begin this crazy hobby back in June 2009; its been a interesting/aggrevating/extremly fun/depressing/networking/friend making/learning experience these past 4 months.

October 7, 2009 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

airwolf2006 at 04:51PM on Oct 07, 2009

Ah well,it is what it is and the only way to remedy it would be order a new one,and its just not worth it.So ignore my previous ramblings.Releveled swash and servo arms cause I had them kinda adjusted out of wack.Hoping to cure my tx controls direction and the wicked left drift in FFF.

Left drift going forward and right drift going backward is normal.  It has to do with the degreeing of the swash.  You have to compensate with the sticks.

Jim

October 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.