Forum Home > TRI C > Sticky: COO COO COAXIAL CLUB

djkhobby
Site Owner

Hi folks,

Can someone invite Freechip over?

Jim

October 7, 2009 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Hey too quiet here today, come on folks, what is going on?

Sorry Jim I do not know Freechip.

I have been busy doing a Velcro mod on the V3 AFC landing skids. I am putting together a V3 from spare parts for a Blue Robins body. I have to wait for things to dry and then tomorrow I will get her tuned and trimmed, ready for the body.

October 8, 2009 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

I flew 8 batteries this afternoon till dark.Wind was a little tricky but died down some later.V3 had a horrific crash when the wind got a hold of it.Nothing broke but a skid I had just repaired.It looked like something out of a nascar wreck.I ve decided just to take them off and fly without them.Dont needem  anyway.Got to admit the little thing is really fast.Flexible tail has taken mondo punishment and never broken.CX2 flew well too.I was flying in a huge park so there was plenty of room to slow down and recover unless you get past the point of no return.Found out some interesting things about flying into the wind.More later.

October 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

You need to get the AFC flex skid and do a Velcro Mod. See RC Groups Poorman's for pictures. I broke the rear skid on the flex tail yesterday. :mad:

October 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Tonight I received my new MCX Xtreme fuse - which I have to paint I think I'll do it yellow probably to be like my CX3 conversion plusthe decals (which I have to cut out, and that really sucks) will matchwith yellow............ I also got 2 upper and 2 lower sets of yellowxtreme cx3 blades which will look sweet, maybe a little too much yellowon the CX3, but I will put the lower yellow on and upper white so itlooks like the white aren't there when its spinning at highRPM's.....could look good! What do you guys think?

--

Youngest Tri C Member and Damn proud of it!!

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

1 Modified Blade MCX S300

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 8, 2009 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

guys, check this out....i want one some day lol

http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbbs2/index.asp

--

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

^^^

I noticed you are putting the Xtreme yellow blades on.  On RCG Lee said he doesn't like em.  I don't know why though???

They are the same as the white ones.  Maybe he meant he didn't like Xtreme blades in general?  I think Xtreme blades are great.  AFC blades are great as well.  Each has their own attributes.

Jim

October 8, 2009 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

djkhobby at 10:46PM on Oct 08, 2009

^^^

I noticed you are putting the Xtreme yellow blades on.  On RCG Lee said he doesn't like em.  I don't know why though???

They are the same as the white ones.  Maybe he meant he didn't like Xtreme blades in general?  I think Xtreme blades are great.  AFC blades are great as well.  Each has their own attributes.

Jim

Thanks jim, I am hoping it will look good. I have the Xtreme grips too which i have to install and will pitch sonnys in the garbage as I am not impressed with them, they are light which is good, but not durable..........My CX3 Conversion will look sweet! I need to make a Tri-C logo or decal to put on the fuse on my mcxteme and CX3 conversion

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 8, 2009 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

Razor, don't throw nothing out !!!  I always keep broken parts and such.  They always come in handy.  For instance, an inner shaft can be used as airframe rod:wink:

Mike.

--

Official Tri-C Member

October 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

Jim,  When is RCG gonna let you out on parole:(

--

Official Tri-C Member

October 9, 2009 at 12:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

yeah good point mike, I will keep some and sell a lot of stuff i'll never need as well, lol

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mountainsax

djkhobby at 10:46PM on Oct 08, 2009

^^^

Jim

I broke one of my upper AFC blades last night.   Thankfully I had a spare set of Xtreme uppers (used) so I put those on and it worked great!  The Xtremes are a little shorter than the AFCs but they work well together.:D

Ethan

October 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mountainsax

D**m, just broke one of the arms off the lower rotor head and re-broke the front mounting posts for the battery tray on the frame!:mad:  Not sure if I can epoxy everything back together or not.  I'll have to give it a go though, I wanted to fly at a new LHS that is opening tomorrow that has an indoor flight area. 

Ethan

October 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Chap at 12:14PM on Oct 09, 2009

Jim,  When is RCG gonna let you out on parole:(

Still have a week left I think.  I'll email Jim G. after the 2 weeks goes by if I see no change in the account.  I will be back under Stamp hopefully.

Jim

October 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Mountainsax at 03:05PM on Oct 09, 2009

D**m, just broke one of the arms off the lower rotor head and re-broke the front mounting posts for the battery tray on the frame!:mad:  Not sure if I can epoxy everything back together or not.  I'll have to give it a go though, I wanted to fly at a new LHS that is opening tomorrow that has an indoor flight area. 

Ethan

Ouch.  That must have been a very hard landing to break the front tray posts.  You can use plastic epoxy to fix that.  Otherwise you'll be doing a full frame swap.  Basically rebuilding the heli.  I did that once when I hit the ground too hard.

Jim

Btw.  I like your new profile picture :wink:

October 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mountainsax

The stickers are in!  If you want one and haven't sent me your address send it to me (here or on RCG).  I'll try and get the first ones out on Monday.

Have a great weekend!  I'm off to check out the new LHS!

Ethan

October 10, 2009 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

You should have my address already.  I want one in English and one in German.

Jim

Ps, I think it's great that you did this.

October 11, 2009 at 1:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

I think it is great also. I am so looking forward to seeing the sticker in person. I have been out on a SAR mission to find my MIA Seahawk. Still no luck. I am starting to get discouraged. But I am still looking. Lee

October 11, 2009 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

October 11, 2009 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

freechip

djkhobby at 10:27PM on Oct 07, 2009

Hi folks,

Can someone invite Freechip over?

Jim

I am here now :) Thanks to Lee

October 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.