Hey welcome Freechip.

Nice to have you here.

Make yourself at home :)

Jim

October 11, 2009 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Leethetreeguy at 11:38AM on Oct 11, 2009

Hey Lee, is that that you buddy? That's a nice looking copter my friend. Thanks for inviting Freechip...very nice of you.

Jim

October 11, 2009 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

djkhobby at 03:00PM on Oct 11, 2009

Leethetreeguy at 11:38AM on Oct 11, 2009

Hey Lee, is that that you buddy? That's a nice looking copter my friend. Thanks for inviting Freechip...very nice of you.

Jim

sweet looken heli...

I got a package in the mail, went to post office to sign for it, and had to pay customs fees on msr blade grips which are 3.99, the fees were 9.14 CDN. HH sent them to me for free cause my first ones were wrecked in 2 seconds. I looked on the value of the package and it says 35??? Not sure where that figure came from, so Customs Canada - whom of course are closed right now, will be hearing from me and I will be getting my money back........Customs is a huge pain in ass...;

tonight is put back MCX night and maybe paint the new fuse :)

--

Youngest Tri C Member and Damn proud of it!!

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

1 Modified Blade MCX S300

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 11, 2009 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Yes, that is me holding my MIA Seahawk. Was the last picture I got of her, I think. She is still missing and presumed dead at this point. Over ten hours of searching did not yield any happiness. Oh well. Lee

October 12, 2009 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Leethetreeguy at 11:09AM on Oct 12, 2009

Yes, that is me holding my MIA Seahawk. Was the last picture I got of her, I think. She is still missing and presumed dead at this point. Over ten hours of searching did not yield any happiness. Oh well. Lee

Lee, you will find her, have faith sarge!!

--

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

I am a putz!!

Well last night I kept trying to fix the wobble into the wee hours of the night, and had it flying not too bad (new fuse, even though is still unpainted looks great in the air :)) but the wobble is still there. LOL, staying up late was not a good idea as my mind was not thinking properly due to being over tired, and I wrecked the new main frame and inner shaft gear and landing gear. I put in the glow in the dark skids (which is brittle plastic) and when trying to take them off again, they very easily broke and the pins became stuck in the main frame with little left to try to pull them out. So, after trying to pull them out, I got the brite idea to heat up my soldering iron and melt them out - not good lol. I ended up melting the holes too big and busting out the side of them, and accidently nicked the new inner shaft gear....opps. So, I put my old inner shaft gear back on and fiddled with the outer shaft gear which is still wobbling and I think, its either the main frame or the gear itself, not sure. When the gear is completely pushed onto the outer shaft it does not look level to the bottom of the main frame, not sure if this is normal or what. So, i will have to get a new main frame and inner shaft gear. So, maybe me melting the main frame wasn't such a big loss anyways, if in fact, the main frame is causing the wobble. I played with the gear meshing, and motor pinon placement on the gears itself many times and nothing helped. The heli also has two brand new motors in it, so I doubt thats any problem. Thing is though, even when I had it flying, it always wanted to rudder towards the left for some reason - it has always done this since new, but now its worse - I thought maybe this was gear meshing issues, and it might be, I am not sure - any one have any imput on that? I can still fly the MCXteme now, but the skids are no on very tight, and often fall out. In time, I am sure I will figure out the wobble.

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Hey Razor, stay away from me, do not want your luck rubbing off on me!

You could have gotten that piece of plastic out easy. All you had to do is drill a little hole in the center and drive a small self taping screw in. Then you could have pulled it out with a pair of pliers.

Hey Lee, nice picture of you and the Seahawk, now I feel sad too thinking of that beautiful heli out there all by itself. I am sure you will see it once the leaves are down.

October 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Frieslander at 12:40PM on Oct 12, 2009

Hey Razor, stay away from me, do not want your luck rubbing off on me!

You could have gotten that piece of plastic out easy. All you had to do is drill a little hole in the center and drive a small self taping screw in. Then you could have pulled it out with a pair of pliers.

Hey Lee, nice picture of you and the Seahawk, now I feel sad too thinking of that beautiful heli out there all by itself. I am sure you will see it once the leaves are down.

Durka Durka

I tried to do the screw in, pliers out trick, but the plastic is soo britle that it just chew it apart instead of screwing into it.......I forgot to mention that I tried that..........I wont be buying anymor glow in the dark crap - I have the blades on now, and they're neat, but I bet not strong!

And last night wasn't bad luck - it was me being stubborn, and idiot, and putzy in my hung over, very tired determined to get fixed before bed state............  Well, this is for the me melting skids/frame part..........the main frame and gear, well, that is my bad ass luck for sure............maybe I am not supposed to be playing with heli's - perhaps the big man upstais is giving me signs!!!!!!

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Hey guys, here is a vid of my mcx with a modified main frame to accommodate a short tail boom - it looks kind of funny

vid

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6kRVNldnU[/url]

link to thread with pics

[url]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1123451[/url]

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 12, 2009 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

its soo quiet in here?

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Sorry, I have been very busy lately. I have been conducting SAR missions for the lost seahawk. I have been trying to figuere out what the heck is wrong with my v3 on a v4 frame and skids. And I have been trying to help a kid in the UK get his v4 flying. Almost forgot about this thread. hehe. Whew, have I been busy. Lee

October 14, 2009 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

I hope my new 3-1 unit comes soon.........i am gunna work on my cx3 this week, i will upload pics of my progress

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Quiet because Razor is behaving himslf for now LOL. I have been busy outside getting ready for the winter weather LOL.

October 14, 2009 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Winter has yet to get to my area yet but it is getting cooler.46 degrees right now.Time to turn on the boiler soon.Been putting it off as long as I can.

October 14, 2009 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leethetreeguy

Forgive me. Gonna try something. Lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uW_1rkjwZU

October 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Hi Guys,

For anyone who cares.  I hope to be back on RCG soon.  Will be gone for a day or two for other obligations.  Have some projects going at the moment.  Still want to get an account going on RCU but have been too busy with stuff, stuff and more stuff :)

Jim

October 14, 2009 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

djkhobby at 11:43PM on Oct 14, 2009

Hi Guys,

For anyone who cares.  I hope to be back on RCG soon.  Will be gone for a day or two for other obligations.  Have some projects going at the moment.  Still want to get an account going on RCU but have been too busy with stuff, stuff and more stuff :)

Jim

Jim

Why did you get booted off rcgroups in the first place? I did cause i told the moderators to go f them selves.........and i am on back sooner than you? Makes no sense! hope your back soon! Good luck on those projects hehe

--

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 14, 2009 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

^^^^

Because when all that stuff was going on with the argueing about you know who, the mods/ admins apparently woke up and found that I had more than one account.  Four actually.  They thought I was trolling.  I guess it's against the rules to have more than one account.  I couldn't decide on a username at first.  Stamp was the only account I ever used because I had built my trader rating and reputation with it.  I used djkhobby for a few days after Stamp was shut down.  Then djkhobby was shut down so I created Umpa Lumpa just to post until Stamp came back online.  Apparently that upset the mods so they banned me for 2 weeks.  When/ if I come back I will be under Stamp (hopefully).

Hope that all makes sense.

Jim

October 14, 2009 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chap

Leethetreeguy at 08:50PM on Oct 14, 2009

Forgive me. Gonna try something. Lee

Lee, what's next?  A closet?:)

Mike.

--

Official Tri-C Member

October 15, 2009 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arbilab

Let's tryeee this again.  Last couple times, said "an error occurred".  Even said that in read mode, so server was probly glitched at the time.

Bookmarked forum login, solves finding the forum, but really it should be accessable from the main page directly without going to 'recent topics' and backtracking to 'forum main'.  Hawhaw, like I knew how to make it so.  Not.

Where were we?  Oh, age.  63.  Polite folks say I look 50.  First thing in the morning, feel 150.  Asleep, I'm 18.  I even dream about having hair, specifically.  Flying, ageless.

Anybody wanna see a nice tight forum, come visit mine.  We have no language filtering, you can say absolutely anything.  But the (ahem) leadership frowns mightily upon dissing fellow members, so it stays absolutely civil.  So mightily, I don't remember having to intervene in months.  More, unlike the RCG mods who don't seem to know who is whom, I'm there reading everything every day.  Then again, ihatedell is nowhere near as sprawling as RCG.

I didn't start it, but inherited it about 5 years ago.  It's for disenfranchised Dell owners and employees to vent and sometimes get advice/solutions.  It's the only one where I'm not 'arbilab', cuz at the time I was under a nondisclosure agreement with Dell and they knew arbilab was my email address.  On there, I'm Rocke T Sinetist.  http://www.ihatedell.net/forum/phpBB2/index.php

Where were we?  Oh, flying.  Few days go by without flying my Lama V4.  Except for blades and one skid Jim sold me, it's completely original and 9 months old.  (Yes, I always found the flybar.)    HBFP is in the hangar with a busted RX, I miss it.  HBCP is, well, an HBCP.  Not its fault the wind always blows in DFW and that I live in a scrunched apartment.  I fly it almost every day too.  Less flying than simply avoiding walls and furniture, but it's by-gawd off the ground under its own power and that's FLYING.  Align/EXI hybrid sitting here, waiting for me to become competent not to bash it.  Maybe sometime this spring?

October 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.