Custom Painted R/C Bodies, Canopies and Custom Dyeing

For Your R/C Painting And Dyeing Requests

R/C FORUM

Forum Home > TRI C > Sticky: COO COO COAXIAL CLUB

Frieslander

Hey it has been TOO quiet here, I know this is a secondary group to RC Groups but it is more peaceful here.

Razor, did you get your heli problem straightened out? You were ready to put everything in a barrel and drop some dynamite in with them.

Do you ever buy a lottery ticket? Don't bother with your luck!

October 21, 2009 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Hey it has been TOO quiet here, I know this is a secondary group to RC Groups but it is more peaceful here.

Razor, did you get your heli problem straightened out? You were ready to put everything in a barrel and drop some dynamite in with them.

October 21, 2009 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Razor

Frieslander at 01:00PM on Oct 21, 2009

Yes, there sending a new unit for me, plus I am going to pick up a spare mcx and msr one for future use cause while I hope it doesn't happen again; it very well could. I think maybe the unit was a little buggered anyways, it flew okay, but it pirouetting funny to the left where as old one didn't, like i would let go on right rudder and it would spin an extra revolution which is odd for the msr, usually it snaps straight back to its original heading due to its inherant stability system which is good and bad. I was getting sooooo good at flyin this thing too - no pro, but could do complete banked turns at same elevation ect, was getting use to it flying fast and increasin my reflex's...........lol now I have to learn on mode 1,............mcx will come in handy, got shafts for it to and and will put them in soon and practice mode 1 in slow movements with mcx - put stock swash back on...........need to praxtice SLOWLY lol/

It is far too quiet in here............whats up tricers...........get back here and lets chat ppl! COME ON!!!

--

Youngest Tri C Member and Damn proud of it!!

Keep your hands on the sticks, cuttting air, or crash and smash.........rebuild, let loose and learn from your experience....

Coaxials

1 Modified Blade CX3

1 Modified Blade MCX S300

FP

1 Blade MSR

October 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Hey Razor,

I saw you signed in at RCG today and was gonna say hi.  Then you were gone.

So...Hello :)

Jim

October 21, 2009 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arbilab

Well I'm losing the second tailmotor on HBCP, it wanders all over the place.  Not to mention the chewed up blade tips.

That's right, I'm so good I can run balsa blades into solid objects and just scuff 'em up a little.  Lemme hear some envy.

Meanwhile, being drawn to two helis on xheli.  One is a 3-ch aluminum coax for $60, that a RCG member said was fun.  The other is HBCP3, upgraded main, upgraded frame, DD tail, same quirky head.  But xheli doesn't have parts for either, and they're the only US resellers.  So I could end up with $185 worth of orphans that are only supported in Hong Kong.  I'm holding off.

October 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

I see I double posted up above, how can that posibbly happen, I only entered one posting there. Jim did you let your Gremlins out early for Halloween???

October 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

Arbi, if you can't get parts readily for em...don't be tempted to buy em...just my opinion.

Durk,  I think it was another senior moment my friend.  The Gremlins don't come out till Sunday :)

Jim

October 22, 2009 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

This forum needs somemore chatter.Especially cause you can speak youre mind and not run into a flyrcrivesud advertisemernt in every post.Im busy replacing the pinions on my motors that I think sonnys gears caused damaged to.After that Im putting extreme gears and helitek supershafts on both helis and putting sonats parts in the recycle bin.Im getting tired of constantly having to fix these things.AFter they are rebuilt this time Im gonna start on the manrrow bodies I have.I also am moving into autogyros.Im going to get a TWIRL .I can use my TX ,RX and batteries off the cx2 and it can fly in the wind.Its cheap and maintainence freindly.Everything about FP and CP helis is fly,crash, order parts and repeat.I prefer fly,change battery ,repeat.Ill take the money I save and go back to flying real helicopters

October 24, 2009 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frieslander

Yes we do need more chatter here without the crap one vendor is trying to push. Seems he has now admitted his gears were too big and is scrapping all the orange ones. He is coming out with blue gears now. How do I know? Well I saw his post under a new user name before it was deleted and copied it. Why was it deleted? because I figured if neither Jim or razor could post under a new user name then why could he? so I flagged him. Fair is fair.

October 24, 2009 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stumblebee

Razor is doing okay. He is just recovering from an O.D. of bad luck. I sent him the link to Heavy Chevy's video of gym flight using a Sonny Bird to cheer him up a bit.

October 24, 2009 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Yeah Durk,I saw that post and then it was gone.Good for you!Just finished locktite on new pinions(supplied by Helitek w/4 motors free of charge) and I hope it works.I probably could have just used the motors they came on but I dont know if they are any good.Ill test them later as I want to use up the aeronuts first.Boomtown has new replacement pinions but are out of stock.Ill get a bunch if they ever come back in stock.They are cheeeep!!

October 24, 2009 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

I also saw Razor lurking in the rcg forum.Hope your OK dude!!I keep 2 tabs open to follow rcg and this one.

October 24, 2009 at 8:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Happy sunday everyone.Thought Id wake up this site today.

October 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Stumblebee

airwolf2006 at 11:55AM on Oct 25, 2009

Happy sunday everyone.Thought Id wake up this site today.

I'm awake, I'm awake.

October 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arbilab

Hey, ya know what's fun?  Flying HBCP with a failing tailmotor.  It's like gyros were never invented.  Yaw can be anything.  Wakes ya right up.

Nothing much else going on.  Oh, except seems BP Hobby is dumping Esky.  Most of their Esky stuff is on closeout sale.  Good prices, if they still have what you want.  I missed getting a barebones HBCP for $18 by 2 hours. :(  Got a GHz receiver for $16, but I'll have to jigger it to the 3x1 half to get HBFP going again.  Would have had to jigger a $50 6100 too.  These things back you into corners there's no way out of without spending money and jiggering.

October 25, 2009 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airwolf2006

Yeah Arbi,I hear ya.Thats why Im gonna get a Twirl.Foam and glue is cheap.!!:D

October 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stumblebee

arbilab at 04:31PM on Oct 25, 2009

Hey, ya know what's fun?  Flying HBCP with a failing tailmotor.  It's like gyros were never invented.  Yaw can be anything.  Wakes ya right up.

Nothing much else going on.  Oh, except seems BP Hobby is dumping Esky.  Most of their Esky stuff is on closeout sale.  Good prices, if they still have what you want.  I missed getting a barebones HBCP for $18 by 2 hours. :(  Got a GHz receiver for $16, but I'll have to jigger it to the 3x1 half to get HBFP going again.  Would have had to jigger a $50 6100 too.  These things back you into corners there's no way out of without spending money and jiggering.

I wound up throwing money at BP Hobby last night for a few things for my Nine Eagles birds. Since I am across the continent from BP, I try to maintain an inventory as opposed to just buying a part or two. That way I can keep my birds in the air as opposed to waiting up to two weeks for delivery. I think they have the lowest prices on the continent for Nine Eagles parts. The trick is to try to plan ahead so you can place an order of sufficient size to be worthwhile ordering and paying the freight (postage) for.

I agree with you Ari, once you commit to one of these birds, you're hooked into spending money and learning how to "jigger". I have three of them and am lusting hard for a TRex 450 by this Spring.

So if BP drops out of the picture, who else is a reliable source of Esky parts? I know Deal Extreme has some but there is a wait for delivery. I think I have also seen some on eBay. I don't fly Esky at the moment so I haven't been following that market.

October 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

erdnuckel2

Esky parts can still be ordered readily available in China from waymore than just one supplier .... the whole dropping Esky seems to be anamerican phenomenon ... first eboystoyz, now bphobbies ... who's next??

Sorry, Hi Y'all btw ...

I too was wondering what's going on with Razor ... and why he is still shut out of RCG and for how long ...

October 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arbilab

Hobby Lobby was my other trusted Esky vendor (longterm business with brick/mortar foundation) but they never carried HBCP.  Xheli seems to have a lot, but stock varies, and from spotty reports, so does service.

I'm quite reluctant to order from Asia.  First, shipping is high and delays are long.  Second, if anything goes wrong, they don't speak English (and I don't speak Chinese).

October 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

djkhobby
Site Owner

erdnuckel2 at 08:48PM on Oct 25, 2009

Esky parts can still be ordered readily available in China from waymore than just one supplier .... the whole dropping Esky seems to be anamerican phenomenon ... first eboystoyz, now bphobbies ... who's next??

Sorry, Hi Y'all btw ...

I too was wondering what's going on with Razor ... and why he is still shut out of RCG and for how long ...

Hi,

I think Razor is on the two week plan.

Jim

October 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.